Tuesday 10 April 2018

R.I.P. John the Cobbler


Yesterday, sadly, I was told that John the Cobbler had died the day before following his long battle with Cancer. I shall miss walking up the High Street and stopping to chat to John, and I shall miss his humour, eg "Cobblers to the Old Town" being the name he gave his business! The photograph above is of when Paul Denny (Sun Tan) presented John with a Macmillan Nurses certificate as he and his customers and friends had contributed £110 towards Paul's fundraising for Macmillan Nurses, in respect of his running in the London Marathon in honour of another character lost to Hastings the year before, Debbie McSweeney, who had died due to Cancer too (blog).

My thoughts are with his wife, family and friends, R.I.P. John... 😪

No comments:

Post a Comment