Monday 25 September 2017

Food at the Hastings & St Leonards Angling Association.


I have previously said that Clare stopped cooking at the Hastings & St Leonards Angling Association club, but she's now back, and I feel quite guilty, because she's been back 2 or 3 months apparently, and I wasn't aware! Anyway, I thought I spotted her from afar recently, so dropped in to make sure, and, lo and behold, there Clare was, in the Kittiwake kitchen, excellent! See the Clare Kittiwake facebook page for up to date news regarding her kitchen and meals, and club events.

So, breakfasts from 07.00 to 12.00, and more variety than just the Full English I previously reviewed (see below), but more on that another time, and lunch from 12.00 to 15.30, every day! Thursday lunch includes a special offer for customers 60 or over, who can buy a roast dinner (includes tea or coffee) for just £5.75, 12.00 to 14.30, and she now provides a Curry Night on Wednesdays, between 6pm and 8pm. Guests to the club are very welcome, though I believe it doesn't cost that much to join.


"My most recent visit was to the Hastings & St Leonards Angling Association club (virtually opposite the Albion and just to the east of the Crazy Golf courses), where a bargain of a breakfast, and drink, is just £3.50, and they open at 07.00 hours! The only drawback seems to be a dislike of dogs, fair enough, as a friend of mine and his wee mutt weren't allowed in to enjoy a full English brekkie!

OK, it's not the most enormous of breakfasts, but see what you get for just £3.50: a very tasty 'classic' pork sausage (from M&S I believe), a nice thick rasher of bacon, fried egg, black sausage, half a tomato, sauteed potatoes, mushrooms, baked beans, a thick slice of fresh bread (or toast), and a mug of tea or coffee too... Well cooked and presented, and jolly excellent value, many thanks Clare, nice one!" (Previous blog).

The only difference I can see is that the price is now £4, so still very good value, I need to come here again soon, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment