Sunday 21 August 2016

Fishing from the Pier Update


Earlier today (Sunday) I was having my usual morning wander along the seafront wondering about the Night Time Fishing from the Pier, as I passed Hastings Pier and looked at the nearby display of tides and times. It made me think, I do now and then use the old grey matter, and I realised that the tide must be pretty damn important for fishing from the Pier, as there was hardly any seawater under the Pier at all, at that moment! Luckily, I noticed that Paul's Tackle was opening, so I popped over the road and had a wee chat with Paul, and I came away with a much better understanding of what is happening regarding fishing off the Pier, I think...


Where to start? Well, the post on the Pier's website isn't exactly correct, though it isn't wrong either, it just needs explaining more... First, though, to report that there had been Night-time fishing off the Pier on Friday night, with 15 participants, and with fish caught up to the size of an 8lb Bass, so a pretty successful first night, nice one!

OK, to the arrangements over the coming months, and I believe this is correct, but check with Paul for details of cost, dates and times, and to make bookings, either at his shop, or on 01424 433404. During the school holidays there is Night Fishing by arrangement (such as last Friday night), but from September, there will be daytime fishing Mondays to Fridays, and from October this will be 7 days a week, but subject to other events arranged on the Pier. Night fishing will be at weekends, Friday and Saturday nights, depending on tides.

Now, fishing on the Pier is limited to 20 anglers at a time in a designated area, booking for day and/or night slots are best made in advance with Paul, as, if you turn up on the spur of the moment, it will be on a first come first served basis, so don't be disappointed.

Also, there will be matches arranged during the winter by local sea angling clubs.

With many thanks to Paul's facebook page for the photographs, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment